What is Google My Business?
Google My Business, also known as GMB, is a free of charge, easy-to-use tool that allows businesses with physical locations to manage and adjust their appearance on Google Search. Other than the high level of visibility GMB offers businesses on Google Search and Google Maps, what sets GMB profiles apart from other directories is that your listing can be optimized with much more detail regarding your dealership and its services.
Why you need to make your GMB Profile a Priority?
Believe it or not, your GMB profile might just be the least expensive and most effective way to get eyes on your dealership and attract local car buyers to call in and schedule a test drive. So if you haven’t set up a Google My Business page for your dealership, now would be a good time.
Key Features on GMB
Google Knowledge Graph
Regardless of whether you have a GMB page set up, you’re probably familiar with the box that contains business information that appears on the top right-hand corner of your Google Search results when you search a business name. This box is known as the Google Knowledge Graph, and it is what online car buyers are looking for when they’re trying to locate or find the contact details of your dealership.
Google Local Pack
The Google Local Pack are the top listings that appear beneath the Google Map when someone searches for businesses around a particular location (e.g. Car Dealership Houston).
Last but not least, Google Maps, we’ve all used it and we all trust it to get us from point A to point B, and to help us discover businesses and locations nearby.
Setting up and staying active on GMB
GMB makes it easy for car buyers to find you online and at your dealership when you have a complete business profile with up to date information and regular updates.
Here are a few things you can do now to optimize your GMB page:
- If it’s not already set up, you can set up your business account by following these directions.
- When setting up your profile, make sure to enter complete data for your profile (this includes location, opening hours, contact number, services, FAQs, etc.).
- After you’ve completed the account set up process, Google will send you a postcard with a PIN that you can enter within your profile and you’ll be verified!
- Make sure to add photos and videos including (your logo, header/cover image, promo information etc.)
- Make sure you encourage your customers to leave a review and finally, make sure you are managing and responding to your customer reviews.